Thursday, October 30, 2014

Questions

Stop. 
Stop asking questions. 
When someone dies, stop asking how. 
Stop asking what happened.
Just stop it all. 

You can ask me anything! I'm generally an open book. I don't hide who I am, and i don't hide what I like, my feelings, facts about my life. I'll answer. But it isn't answering that is the problem. It's the question being asked in the given situation. 

Do you really believe that sending someone who just lost their husband (or lost ANYONE) a message saying "I'm so sorry, how did it happen?" Is appropriate? It is so incredibly inconsiderate, distasteful, rude, nosy, unsupportive, and the list could go on. 

We as adults have to do better! If you have children, TEACH them better! We need to learn to be more supportive to one another. 

When a family wants to share information, it will be shared. Why can't we accept that? 

I saw an article about an Airman being found dead the other day, his name & other information was withheld until the next of kin was notified. And then I continued and read the comments. "What happened" "how did he die" "how?" Etc.... Come on y'all....we have got to do better than this. 

1 comment:

  1. People just need to F off. It's bad enough after a miscarriage let alone after you've had your Husband taken.
    Keep doing what you're doing - surviving and loving your Son in the best way you can.
    You're doing good.

    T.

    ReplyDelete